Sunday, November 18, 2007

November 18, 2007

This was another fairly quiet week at the Ankeney household. Rachel went on a field trip with her school class to go swimming on Monday. She had a lot of fun. They tested her abilities while at the Natatorium. She was placed in the Level 2 category. That pleased me considering she has only had one swimming lesson session in her life. She made a lot of progress on her own last summer.

Tuesday night Dave assisted the youth on a temple trip to Dallas. I met him after work to trade cars and kids. On the way home, Rachel convinced me to take her to the brand new "American Girl" store at the Galleria Mall. She was in heaven with all the dolls and accessories there. She has a doll and a matching outfit for herself picked out. Her heart was broken when she saw the price tags and realized it may be a long time before she can have one for herself. We'll just have to see - Christmas is coming!

Matthew and Alyson continue their normal activities. I must admit the carpet around our family room is wearing holes due to their traditional racing around the furniture. The weather turned cold during the week and they needed some outlet for all their energy. These two kids wear me out!

Everyone is out of school this week for Thanksgiving. I have Thursday off for the holiday. We are looking forward to a visit from Grandma and Grandpa Ankeney who are bringing Great Grandma Stark. We hope you all have a wonderful holiday!

1 comment:

marshalynn said...

I'm having a good time trying to figure out this blogging. This morning I finally put a comment on mine and was able to find it and read it. Yea! Progress. We'll see ya'll soon. Be ready for lots of questions.