Wednesday, November 14, 2007

August 30, 2007

School started on Monday. We've gone from "I'm bored" to "I didn't get any time to play!" To say tonight was frustrating is an understatement. Alyson is laying in bed sobbing because she didn't listen to Mom and Dad and decided to go outside and play instead of doing what she was told to do. Now, she has been forced to bed with no homework done and half the toys (literally) banned to Mom and Dad's room for the next week. I feel really bad, but she (and Matthew) need to understand choices and consequences. Sometimes, this is harder for the parents to take than the kids! The kids are now in bed and I have few minutes when the computer is not occupied to write my update.

On a brighter note, the girls both absolutely love going to school and their new teachers. Both girls have a whole new set of friends in their classes. Rachel is already talking about the girls in her new class; she is arranging for a play-date with one of them.

Before school started, we enjoyed our last week of summer with our trip to Lubbock. It was great to see Brian and Misty and family. We also enjoyed seeing Mom and Dad. I have included pictures so you can see some of the fun we had.

Grandpa Ankeney came down to Lubbock and took Matthew to Hereford for a couple days. He helped Grandpa and followed him on all his errands. By Friday, he was ready to come home. I missed him tons while he was gone. Even Rachel kept begging to call and talk to him. That surprised me - they are always fighting when he's home. Oh how separation makes the heart grow fonder!

No comments: