Wednesday, November 14, 2007

January 7, 2007

Since I last wrote, Dave and the children have finally arrived in Keller and we have unpacked most boxes. The only items left packed are the ones we don’t have a place for yet or the ones that will remain in the garage for storage. The kids had a great introduction to Texas last Friday (December 28). It was their first day in the area and they had their first Tornado warning. I am glad Dave, his Dad, and several neighbors were able to get our truck and trailers unloaded the night before. Severe thunderstorms moved into the area Thursday night and by Friday afternoon we had quite the storm. I returned home from work early, happy to have found my way through the torrential downpour just in time for the Tornado warning to be issued for our area and the sound of the sirens. We spent a while in the closet under the stairs. The kids were terrified and didn’t want to come out of the closet once things settled down. Lucky for us, the tornado turned and headed to the east.

Rachel started school on Thursday this week. Alyson had to wait a day because of a recent measles outbreak requiring all Kindergarteners to have another shot before school. Both girls really like their teachers so far and Rachel is talking about friends she is making in her class. We spent yesterday shopping for all the school supplies required for the kids. We got spoiled in Utah by the school districts providing most of the supplies. This new school district is supposed to be exemplary; it has been rated one of the top districts in the state.

We have met a few of our neighbors. There are still quite a few homes for sale on the street. We are hoping someone with little girls moves in soon. Matthew has several boys to play with; however, we will have to import some girls for Rachel and Alyson.

I still really like my job. As the new year gets going, I have many projects to keep me busy. The department is in the process of redesigning procedures and reorganizing some teams. These changes are likely to affect my position only to add more responsibility.

As far as I can tell, Dave is really liking his “job”. I am grateful he is able to be home and help the kids through this transition. He finally got to purchase the new set of golf clubs he has been waiting for. He is hoping to be able to get out on the range soon. We’ll see how much he is able to get out there.

We are doing well. I have to admit, I’ve been missing friends and family in Utah. I think it hit me a little today in church. I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Love,Kari, Dave, and the gang

No comments: