Today has been a really quiet Sunday. It's amazing how much of a difference one less person makes - especially if that one less person is Alyson. I love my daughter to death, but Sundays are usually not so restful when she is around. This is Aly's special week with Grandma and Grandpa Ankeney. Grandma came on Tuesday and Alyson left with her on Wednesday. I miss her terribly! Dave promised we wouldn't call so she wouldn't get homesick. I am almost to the point I'm going to call because I'm Aly-sick! She should be coming home this week in time for another child to have their turn at Grandma's house.
We are making sure we get our money's worth on season passes to Six Flags. We didn't have anything scheduled yesterday, so we took Matthew and Rachel to the park for the day. It was VERY HOT and there were a lot of people there. We rode a new ride we've never been on. I can't remember the actual name, but it's a bobsled. We didn't know what to expect but this one will be a repeat for any future trips. Alyson inspired Rachel and Matthew when she rode the "Shockwave" last time we were there. Rachel had other plans and didn't come with us that day, and Matthew was too scared. This time, Matthew thought he would show up his big sister. Rachel was REALLY SCARED. We got all strapped in and proceeded to the top of the first "hill". She turned and said "Mom, I'm so scared". Of course by that time it was too late. After the first loop, she screamed "AWESOME" right in my ear! Then that's all I heard the rest of the ride. Dave said Matthew had a grin pasted on his face for the entire ride. This one will also be added to the list of repeat rides for the next visit.
There's not really much more to report. This last week was stressful at work and I had to put in extra hours to meet some deadlines. Several nights I came home thoroughly exhausted and drained. I was glad for the weekend!
1 comment:
it's amazing how one child missing makes a huge difference in the dynamics of the day! Glad you're getting your kids on the shock wave. We've thought of going while we're in town.
Post a Comment