Sunday, July 6, 2008

What a week!

We had so much fun this last week. I have way too many pictures to post, so I'll only post a few of the highlights. We left last Monday and drove to Lubbock, Texas. We picked up Grandma and Grandpa Anderson and drove all the way to Snow Mountain Ranch (just outside of Winter Park, Colorado) on Tuesday. We made it there without too much trouble. Everyone arrived by mid-evening Tuesday night. We stayed until yesterday morning (4 days). The weather was absolutely gorgeous - in the 70's the entire time - a pleasant change from our 100 degree weather!

There were so many activities to do we all stayed pretty busy. Anyone complaining of boredom was out of their mind! Our days were filled with hiking, swimming, biking, walking, roller skating, table games, card games, miniature golf, and just plain visiting. I played the best game of miniature golf I have ever played in my entire life - sorry Jim! An awesome end to the activities was a carnival hosted by the park and fireworks to celebrate the holiday.

We arrived home around 11:00 this morning. We unpacked the car, bathed kids, and went to church this afternoon. I AM EXHAUSTED. I cannot wait to go to bed.

It was so much fun to be with my brothers and sisters and their families. I missed having Kevin, Laurie, Brynley, and Kimberly there. We'll have to catch up with them hopefully next month at Scott's wedding. Of all the fun activities to do, my favorite was sitting around eating junk food and talking with everyone. The kids seemed to enjoy time with all of their cousins. We are so far away from everyone now that we're here in Texas, it was great for my kids to get to know their Arizona, Utah, and Washington cousins better this trip.

This trip reminded me of how grateful I am for the Gospel in my life and the chance we have as a family to be together forever. I couldn't ask for a better family to be a part of.

Just some highlights...

Grandpa Anderson at 11,700 feet. This picture was taken at the peak along Highway 40 between Empire and Winter Park, Colorado.




Brooke, Kaylene, and Kari at the top of the Waterfalls Trail


Dave on the hike (doing who knows what!?!)

Grandma Anderson and Rachel on the hike



"The Girls" - Julie, Joanne, Rebecca, Ashlee, Alyson, and Rachel

Cousins playing card games

Tyler and Matthew playing "Animal Soup"

Rachel, Alyson, and Rebecca at the carnival

1 comment:

Ashcraft Family said...

I would love to know what Dave is doing in that picture! That ham! Sounds like so much fun! Family time can be so fun. I'm glad you guys had that experience! So much has been changing here, but I'm sure you've heard it. Looking good my friends!