Sunday, March 16, 2008

Welcome to our new addition!




Yes, I have totally lost my marbles! The kids have learned that if they beg long enough, their mother will eventually give in. On top of that, they made sure Mom got introduced to an absolutely adorable puppy!

His name is "Pokey". He is 9 months old. He came to us "paper trained" but is currently serving time in "time-out" after 5 days of peeing on carpets and couches, chewing door frames, and pooring his food and water all over the floor when he was placed in the bathroom while we went to church today. I knew there was a reason why I said "No" all these years! I am very frustrated at this moment; however, if we can just get past the house training bit, I will be more comfortable.

Besides the typical puppy antics, Pokey really is adorable. I find I am missing him while I am at work! When we got him on Tuesday (Dave's birthday present), he had long hair. We took him to the groomer yesterday and he looks much better now. He has bonded with Rachel who is totally thrilled. Alyson has expressed her feelings of being left out because Pokey seems to like Rachel more - I personally think it has more to do with the difference in ways both girls play with him.

1 comment:

marshalynn said...

Good Luck with the puppy business. Pokey is adorable. I'm sure in the long run you'll be glad he's a part of your family even though puppies can be frustrating. I can't wait to see him he is so cute.