Sunday, March 9, 2008

March 9, 2008

We had a great trip to Orlando the week of February 24. Dave spent Monday in Daytona touring Daytona Speedway. Tuesday and Wednesday he spent a lot of time at Kennedy Space Center. He took a ton of pictures and enjoyed the tours, especially the Shuttle simulator. I'll have to let him comment on his experience. Thursday, we spent the afternoon at the Orlando Temple. Friday, we spent the day at Universal Studios before catching a flight home that evening. I received a lot of helpful information from the conference - hopefully, I can use it before I lose it. The week went fast, but we were ready to see the kids on Friday.

While we were gone, the kids had fun with Grandma Ankeney. They especially loved the time she spend with them playing (walks, riding bikes, roller-blading, etc.), reading, and just plain "being with them". She seemed to enjoy her time here. We were sad to see her leave Saturday.

The highlights of this week deal with SNOW! We got 2 inches of snow on Thursday afternoon. That doesn't sound like a lot, but for people here in Texas, it's more than they know how to handle. I left work early to avoid the freezing rain and got home to find my children out in the front yard throwing snowballs with all the other neighborhood kids. By the end of day on Friday, all signs of snow were gone and we are trying to thaw out. Now, we have a new storm moving in with promises of heavy rain. I won't complain as we haven't had a lot of moisture this winter.

Dave's birthday is coming up. Yesterday afternoon, Dave spent the day with his friend Trent and others playing golf. Dave was in heaven getting golf tips from Trent's Dad who was a professional golfer for a golf course in Hereford. Trent's girlfriend planned a fun surprise birthday party for Trent last night. We all camped out at Trent's house waiting for the golfers to return. They rolled in a celebration for Dave as well. It was fun. I enjoyed visiting with Trent and his family. We also got to see Doug and Quinell, friends who now live in Amarillo.

Make it a great week - we will!

No comments: