Sunday, April 5, 2009

A beautiful world!


Have I told you how much I love Spring? The bluebonnets are blooming all over the fields around. I see them everyday as I drive into work and it reminds me of what a beautiful world we have to live in - yes, even in Texas! Spring brings warmer weather and a desire to be outside in the fresh air. We continue to ride the weather roller coaster here but we've had more good days than bad. Most of the severe Spring weather has stayed away from our area - except for one storm that pounded both of our cars with golf-ball sized hail. My little car can now enter the "Prettiest Pickle" contest ;) Actually, Dave Taylor was up this weekend and our damage was nothing compared to what Brooke experienced last week in their minivan. Thank goodness for insurance!

We've been very busy lately. With the help of Grandma and Grandpa Ankeney, Dave and the kids painted three bedrooms and the gameroom over Spring Break. We did some pretty bold colors in the kids rooms and that was their choosing! I have not hung any pictures or decorations yet. I need to schedule time with my friend Michelle to come advise me in that area. I hope to do this within the next week or so on a night when I don't have anything scheduled.

This weekend was the NASCAR races here in Fort Worth. Dave's parents and Dave Taylor came up to go to the races with my David. (It's quite confusing when you get all three Daves around!) Everyone seemed to enjoy the races and all came home sunburned and exhausted. The best part - Jeff Gordon (#24) won the race! David (Jr.) was thrilled to finally see his favorite driver win in real life!!

My favorite part about the weekend was watching General Conference. Each conference seems to speak to me with the things I need to hear the most - another testament that our church leaders are inspired men! The Spirit was very strong throughout all sessions. I am glad I took the time out to listen!

What else has been going? David turned 41! All three kids got straight A's on their report cards. Pokey earned his right to stay out of the kennel at night - no accidents in the house in a very long time. Whew! And for me, I got another calling - yes, this is #4. I am now the Activity Day leader for the 8-9 year old girls. Alyson is thrilled because this is her class. I am concerned about my ability to do this with my other responsibilities, but I told the bishopric I will do it and see how it goes.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Thanks for bringing us up to date. I, too, thought conference was a wonderful inspiration!

We're really looking forward to seeing you in Cedar Park.

Love,

Mother

Jessica said...

That is such a great calling! I loved it! Especially with Allie in there...you'll have so much fun!