Sunday, April 19, 2009

All I want for Christmas is...


Matthew asked for an apple yesterday for snack. Thinking this would be a good, healthy snack, I consented. The next thing I know, Matthew is screaming and crying with blood all over his hands and face! "Mommy, my tooth fell out!" He couldn't understand why I wasn't upset and even more why I was so happy! We have it on record...Matthew lost his first tooth on Saturday, April 18, 2009. He can now join the ranks of the toothless on the big tooth tree at school. Needless to say, he never finished eating the apple. He is afraid it might pull out the other tooth just barely hanging on next to the new hole in his mouth. Silly boy - don't you know you get money for every tooth you lose?

Last weekend was fun for us. We went to Cedar Park to share Easter with Cheri's family and most importantly Rebecca's baptism. I know it was hectic for Cheri -- she was preparing to teach two lessons, coaching a daughter to write a talk for the baptism, having seven extra people in her home, and keeping up with the normal travels of teenagers playing ball. The baptism was a beautiful service. Three other children were baptized that day, one of which was Rebecca's best friend from around the corner. I was impressed by the words shared in talks, music, and special blessings. I was reminded how special of an opportunity we have to be baptized and receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost. As baptism is a symbol of the death and resurrection of the Savior, it's awesome Rebecca can remember her special day each Easter. We were sad to leave when the day was over.

No comments: