
I love my children very much! Aren't they beautiful?
This week was parent-teacher conferences for the kids. I was pleased with the reports from all of the teachers. All three are doing very well in their school work and seem to get along well with their classemates. It was hard for teachers to find areas to improve on, but the things they mentioned were things we already knew and have been working on. To add to it, all three kids like going to school. That makes it a lot easier in the morning as we try to get everyone out the door.
One blog worthy experience: Dave went to drop off Matthew at school. Dave began to leave and realized he didn't get his hug and kiss from Matthew, so he walked back into the gym where the kids are dropped off. He approached Matthew who was standing by a group of other boys and said he needed to get his hugs and kisses. One little boy close to Matthew replied "My Dad never gives me hugs and kisses". Dave feared Matthew would get embarrassed and feel awkward around the other kids. Instead, Matthew piped up and responded "Well, I guess my Daddy loves me more than yours!" Dave said he felt so proud of Matthew for standing out and letting his friends know it's okay to love your family.
This week was parent-teacher conferences for the kids. I was pleased with the reports from all of the teachers. All three are doing very well in their school work and seem to get along well with their classemates. It was hard for teachers to find areas to improve on, but the things they mentioned were things we already knew and have been working on. To add to it, all three kids like going to school. That makes it a lot easier in the morning as we try to get everyone out the door.
One blog worthy experience: Dave went to drop off Matthew at school. Dave began to leave and realized he didn't get his hug and kiss from Matthew, so he walked back into the gym where the kids are dropped off. He approached Matthew who was standing by a group of other boys and said he needed to get his hugs and kisses. One little boy close to Matthew replied "My Dad never gives me hugs and kisses". Dave feared Matthew would get embarrassed and feel awkward around the other kids. Instead, Matthew piped up and responded "Well, I guess my Daddy loves me more than yours!" Dave said he felt so proud of Matthew for standing out and letting his friends know it's okay to love your family.
3 comments:
LOVE IT!! And yes, your children are beautiful!!
I am glad Dave went after the hug and kiss. Matthew's comment may not set well with the other boy or his parents. Still, letting the other boys know Dad loves him is a good example.
I love the sunflowers and yes they are beautiful! I'm proud of Matthew. The TCU/Y game was disappointing. Hope it's not a downward spiral now. That mustang is awesome! I bet you never see Dave. I'm so glad you are all well. You can tell I had to catch up on some reading, but I love it!
Post a Comment