
Dear Friends and Family,
I'll try to be ... Alyson was watching over my shoulder as I typed this and she finished the thought saying... "like Jesus". Not exactly what I had in mind, but a very true statement. We should all try to be a little more like Jesus everyday.
I've enjoyed the parts of General Conference I was able to catch this weekend. Due to baseball games, birthday parties, and internet issues, I didn't get as much in as I was hoping. I enjoyed several talks today, but I must admit the one by Elder Ballard about motherhood was especially important for me. I learned a lot from the sessions and appreciate the messages shared.
As for my family, the last couple weeks have been filled with:
School
Work
Baseball
Bicycle riding
Dog training (Pokey was neutered last week; this has made life a little more interesting. He wanders around with this cone on his head because he can't leave the incision alone. Hopefully we can take it off tomorrow.)
Play dates with friends
Making messes - trying to clean up messes (ask Dave, Peanut Butter is hard to clean off a mouse!)
Playing "Rock Band"
Arts and crafts
Trip to see "Horton Hears a Who" (Highly recommended for anyone interested - no matter the age)
I'm sure there's other things to report. Oh, I forgot to tell you...Rachel scored a 100% on her Reading TAKS test. This is a standardized test given to all 3rd graders in Texas. This is an awesome achievement for her. The next round of testing occurs at the end of this month - next subject is Math.
I hope you are all doing well!
2 comments:
Congratulations to Rachel! She's a smart girl!
Way to go Rachel! That is really great.
I hope the rock band is having as much fun as it appears. Next time I come maybe you can let me in.I always wanted to do that.
Post a Comment