A Few of
My Favorite Scriptures
I continue to learn
the gospel deeper each week and it is amazing when you apply the principles
taught to your own life how much happier and fulfilling life becomes. As I was
studying the Book of Mormon this week and trying to find ways that I learn how to
be a better person and become more Christ-Like I was happy to come across a
couple of my favorite scriptures.
I will start with my
all time favorite as it goes along with being in school and learning, I call it
my ladder scripture. The scripture comes from The Book of Mormon 2 Nephi
28:30-31
"For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the
children of men line upon line, aprecept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are
those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they
shall learn bwisdom; for unto him that creceiveth I will give dmore; and from them that
shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they
have."
"Cursed is he that putteth his atrust in man, or maketh flesh his arm, or shall hearken unto the bprecepts of men, save their precepts shall be given by the power of the
Holy Ghost."
As you read this
scripture you will notice that we are taught that we learn little by little;
the thing that has always made the most impression on me is the last part of
verse 30 which lets us know that we are either progressing in the gospel, climbing, or having that which we have learned
taken away if we no longer desire to learn, falling
down. Picture someone on a ladder they either have to continue to climb
up or descend down but they can not just remain in one place on that ladder.
This is much like each of us when learning the gospel either we continue to
learn and have the desire to learn more and are then blessed with that
knowledge or we stand back feeling like we have learned enough and no longer
need to learn more, that is when the things we have learned are removed from
our mind. Thus we see that either you progress in the gospel or loose that
which you have learned but you can not stay with just the amount of knowledge
that you want.
The second scripture
that was in my studies this week is the gospel in a nutshell so to speak or as
I like to refer to it. This is also in the Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 31:20
"Wherefore, ye must press forward with a asteadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of bhope, and a clove of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward,
feasting upon the word of Christ, and dendure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eeternal life." This scripture does a
great job of explaining that we need to love Christ and God along with all men
and love them to the end. If we do this then Heavenly Father has promised us
eternal life. I know that there are many aspects of loving Christ, God, and our
fellow man but if we do those things that show this love and do it throughout
our lives we will receive that gift that our Father in Heaven wants for us.
-David Ankeney
No comments:
Post a Comment