Sunday, January 16, 2011

Brr....

The kids were really disappointed that promises of snow last week did not yield a snow day from school.  We saw beautiful snow fall, but it melted once it hit the ground. Dave was inspired to light the fireplace and I enjoyed cuddling with him and the kids next to the warm fire.  Alyson is always nervous every time we light the fire - she is so afraid something is going to happen and the house will burn down that she annoys the rest of us.  I appreciate her concern for our home and well-being, but sometimes it's a little overbearing.

The biggest excitement at our house this week was the big re-arrangement.  I opened my mouth and asked the girls if they would ever consider sharing a room again so we could have one room for a game room.  Well...I didn't expect they would ever be interested, but I was wrong.  They spent the week packing up and moving furniture and all their stuff.  We still have some things to move around but we will soon have a dedicated play room with t.v. and game console.  There won't be any cable in there, though, because I was adamant I didn't want cable in bedrooms.  I didn't pay to drop the lines while we were building the house - o.k., so I had to endure an "I told you so...".  I am not placing bets on how long this will last...I know Dave has his doubts and would be willing to put money on it if anyone was interested.

We are back into the swing of things with school, work and extra-curricular activities.  The work week was a bear for me but this weekend was quiet and I enjoyed the brief break. Rachel's Destination Imagination team is gearing up for the tournament on Feb. 19th.  This means she has meetings twice a week now on top of tuba lessons.  Alyson and Matthew have benefited from extra play dates with friends when Rachel cannot be home to watch them.  To Dave's dismay, his boss continually assigns him afternoon shifts which is a little tricky for family scheduling but we're making it work!  Dave is enjoying getting out and having a job to keep his mind busy; however, he doesn't much care for the store's management style and has vetted his frustrations.  There are probably many people in this world that feel same, but we must endure!

All is well here.  I pray the same for you all!

Love,
Kari

No comments: