Sunday, September 19, 2010

A little about our week...

Looking back on the week, I cannot think of anything so exciting I needed to write about it.   Rachel is building muscles tugging her tuba between home and school.  She had her very first lesson last Wednesday.  She is still very excited and has spent her spare time studying up on great tuba players around the world.  Alyson and Matthew played soccer games yesterday.  Matthew scored a point........for the other team!  He was playing goalie and went to punt the ball.  The ball went up and over his head landing in the net scoring a point for the opponent.  He was bummed and I don't think he will try punting the ball for a while.

This is Matthew's week.  We started a day early since our weekdays are very busy.  Matthew got to open his birthday present from Mom and Dad today along with cake and ice cream.
 
David teasing Matthew with his present - don't you love the wrapping paper?  Grocery bags come in really handy when all you have on hand is Christmas paper!


He can't wait to start tearing!


Do you think he's happy?


Lego Prince of Persia Set - "Wholy Cow!  This is the best present ever!"


Rachel and Alyson pitch in to help build the castles


It's fun to see Matthew so excited for his birthday.  This is the big "8".  He has been talking about turning 8 for months now.  He is excited most about his chance to be baptized this coming Saturday.  We are expecting grandparents and other family to come share in this event.  I cannot believe it's this time already - this is my baby!  I can still remember the day he was born.

Matthew at 3 months old - isn't he so cute?


3 comments:

Marilee Matheson said...

Yes, he's cute! Then and now! Wish we could join the grandparents at the baptism, but we'll be thinking of him on Saturday. Loved the birthday pictures!

The Kent Family said...

I can't believe he is 8 already! I'm glad he had such a fun birthday! Enjoy the company this weekend! Wish we could be there, too.

Delcie said...

Happy Birthday to your little man! It's a big one, too! I love that age, they are so sweet!! Looks like his party was a lot of fun! They're always so cute when they get exactly what they want!