Sunday, March 21, 2010

Home, Sweet Home!

We finally have a home of our own again!  We closed on Monday, Mar. 15.  We are excited and welcome anyone who wants to come for a visit. 

I took the week off to help with the move.  The kids were out of school for Spring Break - Alyson and Matthew tried to help and somedays were more help than others.  Rachel, on the other hand, has developed the pre-teen attitude and felt spending her week off moving was the most boring thing EVER!

I am thoroughly exhausted today and welcomed a day of rest.  We made a lot of progress unpacking boxes and cleaning out the apartment and storage unit.  Grandma and Grandpa Ankeney were a great help earlier in the week - especially the pickup truck and strong arms!  I enjoyed visiting with them too as we moved and cleaned.

Here are some pictures:
The front of the house - 10 days before closing.  (It was too dark to see the final product tonight)

The view from the entry

Entering the kitchen


View of kitchen and family room from back door

Master bedroom

Master bathroom

The kids rooms are too messy and I didn't want to embarrass anyone.  We still have a ways to go.  But this is exciting and I wanted to share.

Back to school and work tomorrow!

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Thanks for your update! I'm so glad you are in your new home and have even managed to get the contents of your storage unit back with you.

I hope work isn't too hectic this week, so you can recuperate some.

I'm eager to see you in your new surroundings.

marshalynn said...

The new furniture looks great. Grandpa says he is glad you are all moved because he has sore arms. love you all