I was reminded today how important it is to count your many blessings. Instead of being critical of yourself or others, you should look for the good qualities, skills and talents. Focus on the positive, and you will find there is much joy to be found in this life.
I have many things to be grateful for. To start with the basics, I have family who loves me (and sometimes I am amazed because that can be a challenge!), I have clothes to wear, food to eat, and a nice home to live in. I have the knowledge that Jesus is the Christ and he lives! I know why I am here on earth and I know what the Lord has planned for me and my family after life on earth is done. Life is not intended to be easy; it is through the trials and experiences that we have that teach us and strengthen us.
I am thankful that my house is on the market! Why? Because it forces my kids to clean up after themselves! Ha! That may be the only blessing I can see right now, other than the hopes of selling and being able to build a new home. Rachel has really grown up this summer and is beginning to help more around the house. She is getting better at cleaning up; I realize there is a lot of growth potential there. She is also becoming quite the cook. I've enjoyed having more help at mealtimes.
This week was pretty uneventful. The kids are getting really excited for school to start. They are counting down the days - 7! They get to meet their teachers this week. It's fun to see their excitement. I remember being excited for school to start. It always brings a sense of new beginning - new friends, new teachers, new topics, etc. For Rachel, she goes to a new school. For Matthew, he gets to eat lunch at school. Alyson...she's excited for 3rd grade - no other special reason!
Have a great week!
Love,
Kari
No comments:
Post a Comment