"Swine Flu"
The kids are health and happy, and despite the "Swine Flu" scare, they will return to school tomorrow. Many of the school districts around us are closing as more cases are confirmed with the Centers for Disease Control. Children's Medical Center has gone into a "Code Yellow" status indicating potentially large volumes of patients being seen in the Emergency Department. I was assigned to cover as the IT support for the Command Center tomorrow. I will help coordinate the IT needs for those doctors, nurses, and administrative staff who are treating the increasing number of patients.
Home Improvements
We've made more progress with our home improvement projects. Our upstairs bathrooms have now been tiled. We hired a couple guys to pull up the vinyl flooring, replace the subfloors, and lay tile. It looks really nice. Dave also finished painting the kid's bathroom this week. There is still more to do, but my next step is to rehang pictures and other decor. I will have to invite my friend Michelle Moore over for advice.
In addition to the self-initiated home improvements, we are still waiting for the insurance to tell us how much they will cover for replacing our roof damaged by hail. We are finding that inexpensive insurance usually results in very poor customer service. We will be looking for a new company as soon as the current claims are settled.
Playing School
The kids pooled all of their money together and went to Staples yesterday. They each picked out items to go in the new "classroom" they set up in our game room. It has been fun watching them plan lessons and figure out who is going to do what (not a lot of agreement there, though). I can't wait to see what happens when students show up - will kids who don't like going to school want to pretend to go to school?
This week's plans
On Wednesday, Dave is heading to Hereford for a week or two. He has agreed to work for his Dad to replace damaged roofs on several rental properties. We are hoping to close on the sale of our rental property this week, too. I will be glad to have that settled.
Grandma Ankeney will be here in Keller while Dave is away. It will be fun having Grandma spoil the kids; I know she loves spending time with them. It will be nice to have her here over Mother's Day - this is probably where she'd rather be anyway.
Holly Taylor took this picture of Dave and Alyson when we were in Cedar Park at Easter. I love this picture and wanted to share!

We love you all! Stay healthy....and always seek guidance from the Lord in all you do.
4 comments:
Any pictures of the improvements to your home? I'd love to see what you have done!
Oh, yeah, post pictures! I'd love to see what you've done. Those of us who are home-improvement-impaired still like to dream.
We have the before pictures but are not completely done so the after pictures have not been taken. We will post them when all of those jobs are complete.
I'll be watching for the pictures, too. I sure like the one of Dave and Alyson!
Post a Comment