Rachel turned 10! She was absolutely thrilled about getting a pink Nintendo DS for her birthday. We gave her the Nintendo Dogz game to start. She then pooled other money she received to buy another game. She has been glued to it ever since. (It's a great bargaining chip when it comes to chores and homework, which has been an issue lately!) For dinner on her special day, we went to our favorite seafood restaurant. Rachel had the adult plate of snow crab and ate the entire meal (and dessert too!)
Matthew and Dave were invited to go to the Air Show last weekend. They got VIP passes from a really good friend and enjoyed special treatment while at the show. Matthew thought it was the coolest thing seeing a woman walk on the wings of a flying, stunt performing plane. He even got to sit in the intake of an actual plane!
Dave met up with David Taylor and extended family for the BYU vs. TCU football game this last week in Fort Worth. Dave was really excited for an awesome game of ball, but he was disappointed when the Cougars didn't pull through. We had such high hopes for them. Of course, the TCU fans are living it up now.
Alyson and I don't have much to report. We are just keeping up with the same ole stuff. She has helped me with various chores around the house. She is also working on a cross-stitch picture and is excited about her progress.
Make it a great week!
3 comments:
Dear Dave, Kari, and all,
I enjoyed your update. It is nice to see Rachel enjoying her tenth birthday!
I got to visit with Marsha for a few minutes when she came to the temple Saturday. We're both really looking forward to Alyson's baptism.
Love,
Grandma A
I think it is just great to be able to see what everyone there is up to.
The trip to the temple was much needed since I hadn't been there in awhile. David wasn't feeling like working on a roof so I took advantage.
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and especially to Alyson's baptism.
Matthew looks like he is enjoying the air show. He seems to like those activities where he can be active and learn at the same time.
I can see Rachel had a happy birthday. She really is 10 years old already. Wow!
See ya'all soon.
Love you,
Happy Birthday to Rachel!! Hannah would be jealous of the DS- it's what she wants for her birthday, but it's not gonna happen yet! I keep telling Haylee that she needs to email Rachel but she hasn't been on the computer much.
Post a Comment