Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday, August 10

August was a very busy month for my parents! I celebrated my birthday on Thursday, Karen on Friday, and Dell today...and we're not done! There's Kent and my Dad at the end of the month. Don't worry; we have enough junk food at our house to cover all the celebrations.

I must admit, this year my birthday was more enjoyable than past ones. I did have to work all day and then got home late. When I opened the front door, Dave and the girls had decorated the living room with balloons and streamers. They were waiting to yell "Surprise!" as I walked in. They gave me cards and candy and then we went out for dinner - yes, no cooking for me! After dinner, we ate ice cream cake and went for a bike ride. My visiting teacher brought over a bouquet of Sunflowers (my favorite, by the way) and a box of Almond Joy candy bars (also my favorite)! My otherwise mundane work day had a very pleasant ending.

On Friday, Dave went to Target and picked up the bicycle we picked out. We went on several bike rides around the neighborhood this weekend. There are some really nice trails for walking and riding. We didn't have anything to tell us how far we went on Friday night, so we repeated the same route on Saturday morning with Dave's little gadget. Our trek was 3.5 miles. We made it in about 35 minutes. I'm sure two adults could make it in even less time, but this is a great activity for our family.

We did another kid-swap this week. I am enjoying having Rachel home. But, I am missing Matthew terribly. I especially miss his "ILOVEYOUMOM!" (say that as fast as you can) and big hugs. He will come home next Sunday just before Dave and I leave for Idaho.

...14 more days 'til school starts!... (this is for Dave's sake)

1 comment:

Debbie said...

You mean--the whole family isn't coming? Thanks for keeping us posted on events. Do you want a copy of the Pioneer Concert with the Osmonds?