Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Summer musings...

Summer is off to a good start for us. Everyday Matthews asks "How many days until I can pack my bags?" followed by "Can I get my suitcase down yet?" all in anticipation of Brolly camp in Cedar Park next week. Matthew knows that after Brolly camp is our Anderson family reunion - it is hard to know which one excites him more. I personally am looking forward to time with everyone in Colorado.

Dave has done well to keep the "I'm bored!"'s down to a minimum. Of course, it's only been one full week. The kids are enjoying HOT weather and friends. They look forward to anytime they can run through the sprinklers or play in the neighbor's swimming pool.

Rachel loves having more time with her dog Pokey; often I am finding Pokey trying to escape Alyson and Matthew's torture. Rachel tries to protect him as much as possible, but sometimes he just needs to hide from everyone.

I created a meal plan for the kids so they know what is available to eat every day. I added some new items, so it's been fun seeing their excitement to try new things... like chocolate dipped frozen bananas, homemade granola and yogurt (the yogurt is the store-bought kind), frozen juice tubes (aka "popsicles"), and cookie dough. Tonight is Tator Tot Casserole; unfortunately the excitement went out the window - this recipe does not involve chocolate or sugar.

1 comment:

Matheson Family said...

Things are looking a little different on our end of the country. It's 60 degrees, and we still have three more days of school.

Congrats to Dave for keeping the boredom at bay for an entire week. And good for you to come up with such fun snacks. My boys will be over immediately -- chocolate dipped anything sounds good to them. They'd probably even give rave reviews to the tator tot casserole.

Can't wait to see you soon!