I hope you are all having a great Sunday. As I look back on the week there is not much to report. The kids were out of school early Thursday for an extended weekend. Alyson asked "why didn't they just give us more time at Christmas?" My thoughts exactly, but they didn't ask me. The kids have spent the last couple days playing board games, doing crafts, watching t.v. and playing video games. They will return to school on Wednesday.
Dave and I went out last night for our first "date" in a while. We went to a nice southwestern restaurant called "Blue Mesa Cafe". I really enjoyed my meal. I think Dave did too. We then went to see "I Am Legend". We made it through the first 40 minutes, but then decided we just weren't enjoying it enough to stay. I must admit this was the first movie I have ever walked out on. I know some of you have already seen the movie and enjoyed it; however, it just wasn't up our alley. Dave was worried that I would be upset when he suggested leaving because we spent $18 to get in. Amazingly, it didn't bother me at all. We ended our date just as we do all other dates - a trip to the grocery store!
I hope you all have a great week. Maybe we'll have something more exciting for next week.
1 comment:
We saw the previews for the movie and read some reviews but decided we did not want to spend any money to see it. I guess we were right.
We've had a challenging work week here. I got so tired I ended up crashing on my first day off and slept for over 12 hours. I get my days confused since I don't always have the same days off and work through the week-end a lot but the high light for me recently was the letters I received from the grandchildren. I had a particularly difficult work day and came home to find these on the kitchen table. It was a real pick me up. Thank you.
Love you all
Post a Comment