Sunday, December 23, 2007

December 23, 2007


We are all enjoying the festive spirit this season. Life has slowed down a little for us this now that Church and school parties are done. Our shopping is done and we are ready for Christmas. I have especially enjoyed listening to Christmas music and seeing the decorations and lights around town.

I look at the kids and am amazed at how much they have grown this year. Rachel is turning into an absolutely beautiful young lady. She is 9 going on 16. Her heart is so big and she is always wanting to share talents and goodies with her friends. Many days I don't have the energy to help her with the things she wants to do; yet, I don't ever want to squash her desire. This afternoon we are making cookies to deliver to friends from school.

Alyson and Matthew are literally bouncing off the walls today. We leave tomorrow morning for "grandma's". We'll spend a couple days in Lubbock and then go to Hereford. Unfortunately, the kids are more excited about the big jolly visitor who is expected Christmas Eve night. They better watch themselves or else we may have more coal to keep us warm than they would like!

Dave and I are doing well. He continues to do awesome job as a "Stay at home Dad". I know many days he fights boredom, but the kids are blessed to have him home after school. I am thrilled to have some time away for the holidays. As most people in my office are taking the week off, I expect returning to work after the New Year will not be too overwhelming. My responsibilities have been increased since my boss resigned early December. This is also coming with a promotion which is good for me and what I want to do for the future.

We hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy New Year!

2 comments:

Matheson Family said...

Congratulations on the promotion, Kari! Sounds like it'll be a great thing for you. As far as Dave's "stay-at-home" job, I'd like to follow him around for a day and see how he does it all. I've been doing that job for nearly 20 years, and boredom has never once been an issue. I fall into bed exhausted every night, and I'm up and running again early the next morning. I could use a few pointers from Dave on just how he manages to get everything done with time to spare!

David Ankeney Jr said...

Being in the Navy did it for me Marilee. I was taught how to do many things at once and make other around you do some of it also. (Kids sometimes hate the drill seargent!! LOL)